2-day Nutrition Webinar With Sally Hugg
When: July 17 & 18, 5 PM to 8:30 PM Pacific Time
Pacific Hoof Care Practitioners http://www.pacifichoofcare.org/ has a comprehensive hoof care training program that is open to owners, trimmers, farriers and all equine professionals. This Web-Based Nutrition Course is required for PHCP Certification. We are offering this clinic as a Webinar to better serve remote students and to open it up to the general public
A two-part nutrition clinic for horse owners and professionals
- · Basic equine digestion and how it works
- · Slow feeding for a healthy digestive system and a happier horse
- · Nutrition 101 for horses: protein, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins
- · Feeding for hoof health
- · Insulin resistance – is your horse at risk?
- · Hay and the nutrition it provides – it’s not just roughage
- · How to test hay or get information about the hay in your area
- · Using the NRC “Nutrient Requirements of Horses” guidelines
- · Weights, measures, and math – it’s easy!
- · Formulating a ration that’s simple and cost effective
- · How to decipher a feed tag and supplement label
- · Smart shopping – getting the best deals for your money
A 15 page PDF,, including a list of resources, will be provided. Participants are encouraged to email in feed and supplement labels from any products they are using.
, unless there are a few people who need it who can’t make it. July 24th and 25th is an alternative!
Tuesday & Wednesday, July 17 & 18, 5 PM to 8:30 PM Pacific Time
Each session schedule will be 3 hours of. presentation with a break when we need it Q&A. is interspersed throughout. Participants are are welcome to submit feed labels and hay tests a week in advance for inclusion in the class.
$40 for the 6+ hour interactive course
HORSE OWNERS OR ANYONE INVOLVED WITH HORSES in any capacity is welcome to join our Webinars. Register Now!
Please note that Registration is non-refundable unless the clinic is cancelled. PHCP students get credit for this class!